At Chyngton, we have an ambitious and exciting curriculum. It’s been specially designed to meet the needs of Seaford children.
We have worked with other local schools to build a curriculum that gives our children:
- the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in life
- learning tools for secondary school
- curiosity and aspiration to be lifelong learners.
Our local area
We make use of our fantastic local area to support learning. For example, our children visit:
- the beach
- Cuckmere Valley
- Friston Forest
- Newhaven Fort.
Our specialist provision
We are the only primary school in Seaford with a swimming pool. We are also the only school with a specialist computing teacher who works with all our children. Our teachers are specially trained to meet the needs of all our pupils.
Our children’s learning
All this means our children enjoy their learning. They progress in many ways. For example:
- They are building extensive and subject-specific vocabularies.
- They are developing a love of reading.
- They are improving their mathematical understanding.
- They are learning to swim and to code.
- They are thinking like scientists, historians and geographers.
- They are learning to look after themselves and have positive relationships with others.
In short, children leave Chyngton with essential knowledge and understanding. They are able to go on to be citizens of the future in an ever-changing world.
Beyond the School Curriculum..
Last year 41% of children took part in our extensive after-school sports provision run in partnership with Wave Leisure and we also run a successful choir, coding club, karate and drama club as well as before and after school provision.
We ran a hugely popular ‘enrichment programme’ in 2018 (including activities as diverse as rollerblading, animation and music technology) and are building on this in our plans for the future.
If you require additional information about the curriculum please view our subject pages on the website or arrange to speak with your child's class teacher via the school office.